Volunteers are the heart and soul of CGK. Thank you for your willingness to serve others. Together, we can end food insecurity for our neighbors in need.
Minors (17 years of age and younger) who volunteer with the Community Garden Kitchen, in the facility or garden area, must always be in the presence of a parent or supervisor. If the minor is in a volunteer group, such as a scout troop, church group, etc., the group must be accompanied and supervised by a parent, or authorized supervisor. Children must be 12 years old to volunteer.
The Child and Youth Protection Policy Statement also details actions that must be taken to assure appropriate use and protection of minors who act in a volunteer role at the Community Garden Kitchen. To view this policy please click here: CGK Child & Youth Protection Policy
Parents of children under 18 years of age, and adults shall complete and sign a volunteer application before participating in any programs. Confidentiality must be preserved with respect to medical and other sensitive information in the forms.
If you have a group interested in serving at CGK, we’d love to know more about you. Please fill out this form and we will be in touch soon to answer questions and begin working on getting your group scheduled to volunteer at CGK.
INDIVIDUAL VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
Please click the individual application button below to register, select the area(s) you’re interested in serving and sign our waiver. Parents of children under 18 years of age, and adults shall complete and sign a volunteer application before participating in any programs. Once the application is complete, you will be routed to Protect My Ministry, where everyone 18 years and older must complete the background check in order to serve at CGK. The cost is $12.00 per applicant. If you have had a background check in the last year you may submit it to the volunteer manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
To be eligible to volunteer, the following statements must all be true:
- I am not feeling ill nor have possibly been exposed to a communicable disease (regardless of how you feel), and I have not tested positive for COVID-19 whether I am
exhibiting symptoms or not.
- I have not been exposed to someone who is sick, tested positive for COVID-19, or been exposed to someone who is self-quarantining.
- If you have had COVID-19 symptoms or tested positive for COVID, you can return to
volunteering if all of the following are true:
- It has been 10 days since your symptoms first appeared.
- At least 24 hours have passed since you had a fever without the use of fever-reducing medication.
- All other symptoms are gone.