Watch the video
It’s time to Fill the Fridge & Pack the Pantry. Your donation will purchase the food we need to prepare healthy meals for our neighbors in need. Please help end food insecurity in our community. Thanks for your support!
DONATE USING TEXT-TO-GIVE
Another way you can donate is using Text-to-Give. It lets you donate by texting a phone number unique to us. Below are some instructions on how to donate this way.
By the way, we’re using software from a company called Churchteams, so if you see their name somewhere, that’s to be expected!
If you’ve used Text-to-Give before, skip to “I’ve used Text-to-Give before,” otherwise, read the instructions below.
It’s My First Time Using Text-to-Give
To use Text-to-Give, start a text message to the following phone number.
Then, for the message itself, simply type in the amount of money you’d like to give and press send! For example, you could send the following message to start the donation process for $20.
The number will reply with a link to finish setting up your account. Click the link to finish the process where you can specify:
- Where you want the money to go (General, Food, or Garden)
- Choose ‘General’ unless you have a strong preference on how the money will be used.
- Your name & email
- If you’d like to make a recurring donation
- Your credit card info
- If you’d like for future donations to be done simply & easily with one text message, save your card on file
- Click ‘Save Account’ if you want to save your credit card info.
- Create a password for your account
- Verify your account by clicking on the link in your email.
- Lastly, save the phone number as a contact in your phone so you can easily text it in the future.
- In case you need it, here’s how to create a contact on an iPhone and an Android phone.
- Maybe this would be a good name for it:
- Community Garden Kitchen Text-to-give
And voila, you’re done! Now that you’ve done the setup process, you can easily give in the future with a single text! See “I’ve used Text-to-Give before” to see how that’s done.
An example Text-to-Give donation for $20
I’ve Used Text-to-Give Before
Start a text message to the following phone number.
Create a message in the following format to donate:
And that’s it! You’ll receive a confirmation text.
If you run into any issues, simply text ‘help’ to the number in order to get more info. Additionally, you can text ‘login’ if you want to log into the portal to see past donations, change settings, etc.